This is one of my favorite meals from the 28 Day Ketogenic Girl challenge! I love repeating this meal often! Join the 28 Challenge and kick off 2020 with a bang with me as your coach and guide and get all the delicious recipes in the right portion sizes for fat loss and health: https://www.ketogenicgirl.com/
Easy 30 second hollandaise recipe! To make this the traditional way without the handheld immersion blender see below.
This recipe is also the base for béarnaise sauce. To make this into béarnaise, sub tarragon or apple cider vinegar instead of the lemon juice and Dijon. If you have it, add fresh tarragon, chives or your favorite herbs! 🌿
Egg yolks | 6 Large
Dijon Mustard | 2 Tbsp
Fresh lemon juice | 1/8 Cup
Sea Salt | 1/2 Tsp
Butter or Ghee*, Melted | 3/4 Cup
Ground Pepper | To taste
Fresh Parsley | Added if desired for presentation and taste
Hot Sauce, Paprika or Chili Powder | To taste
1. Place 6 egg yolks in the bottom of a tall handheld blender container.
2. Pour the room temperature melted butter or ghee (clarified butter) over the egg yolks.
3. Insert the handheld blender into the tall container until it is free standing. Holding it firmly to the bottom, turn it on and blend for about 30 seconds to 1 minute without moving it. The bottom will start to thicken up into a thick cream.
4. Gently start to move the handheld blender wand up lifting it slowly and blending as you go. Once at the top, blend it around to make sure the contents are well blended.
5. Add the salt, pepper, lemon juice and Dijon (and paprika or hot sauce if desired).
6. Blend together and set aside for about 15-20 minutes for the flavours to blend and the ingredients to emulsify.
7. Place the blender wand back inside and now repeat the process from the top to the bottom, the butter/ghee and yolks will cream up again, this time even more thick and creamy.
8. Serve over soft poached eggs and steak or smoked salmon! For my full eggs benny recipe with the protein bread click here: https://www.ketogenicgirl.com/blogs/ketogenic-recipes/keto-smoked-salmon-benny
Traditional method without the handheld blender:
Using a double broiler, or two saucepans with gently boiling water in the bottom one, add the egg yolks, dijon and lemon juice and whisk together. While whisking, slowly pour in the butter, as slowly as possible for about a 60-90 seconds. Gently cook the hollandaise for several minutes and add in the salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the pan.
Special Diet Information
Gluten free, keto, sugar free, dairy free option, low glycemic, low carb, grain free