GLUTEN-FREE EGG-FREE NUT-FREE
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
Just in time for Super Bowl Sunday!! This hot dip is fantastic for entertaining or bringing to a party, and it’s always a hit! At 82 percent fat, 12 percent protein, and 6 percent carbohydrate, it is perfectly keto, and one of the few full-dairy recipes that I include in this book. Serve it with pork rinds or cucumber slices.
1⁄2 (10-ounce/285-g) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1⁄2 (10-ounce/285-g) box frozen chopped kale, thawed
12 large artichoke hearts, drained
4 ounces (115 g) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (4 ounces/115 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup (4 ounces/115 g) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 cup (8 ounces/225 g) mayonnaise
2 cloves garlic, minced
1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cucumber slices or pork rinds, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C).
2. Drain as much water as possible from the frozen spinach and kale, using a colander and/or paper towels to remove the excess moisture.
3. Cut one of the artichoke hearts lengthwise into quarters and set aside. Coarsely chop the remaining artichoke hearts, then place in a food processor.
4. After placing them in the food processor, add the cream cheese, mozzarella, three-quarters of the Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic, salt, pepper, spinach, and kale. Process for several minutes to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
5. Pour the dip into an ovenproof baking dish. Arrange the reserved artichoke heart quarters on top of the dip, then sprinkle with the remaining one-quarter of the Parmesan.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn the oven to broil and broil for 3 to 5 more minutes to brown the top and make it nice and crispy.
7. Serve with cucumber slices or pork rinds for dipping, if desired.