These easy keto cupcakes are are from my brand new cookbook Keto Essentials! Here is a fun free preview recipe from the book! Click HERE to check it out on Amazon
Easy Vanilla Cupcakes
What’s not to love about sweet, fluffy cupcakes topped with a creamy frosting? This amazing version is ketogenic with all the satiety but none of the guilt!
CUPCAKES:1 cup (4 ounces/115 g) almond flour 2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
FROSTING:1⁄2 cup (4 ounces/115 g) butter, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 10 wells of a standard-size 12-well muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, use a fork to stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt until well blended. Set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer or handheld mixer, whip the cream until sti peaks form. Add the whole eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the powdered sweetener, liquid stevia, and vanilla and mix to combine.
4. Using a wooden spoon, fold the flour mixture into the cream mixture and combine well.
5. Fill each cupcake liner about three-quarters full with the batter. Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes before frosting.
6. While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting: Using a stand mixer or handheld mixer, whip together all the frosting ingredients until creamy and fluffy.
7. When the cupcakes are cool, scoop the frosting into a piping bag and pipe the frosting evenly onto the cupcakes. Alternatively, use a knife to spread frosting on each cupcake.
Almond flour is similar to almond meal, but is much more finely ground; you can make it at home by grinding raw almonds in a food processor to a near-powdery texture. Be careful not to process it for too long, though, or you’ll end up with almond butter!
Half of the carbs in this recipe are from the erythritol.
Here is a fun free preview recipe from the new Cookbook Keto Essentials! Click HERE to check it out on Amazon
MACRONUTRIENTS (per cupcake)
Fat 31g, protein 5.3g, total carbohydrates 11g, fiber 8.9g
Energy: 309 cal
82% fat, 6% protein, 12% carbohydrate