Luca’s Keto Birthday Cake 🍰: Chocolate & Strawberry Cake with Vanilla Cream Frosting
Here is the recipe that I made for Luca's keto birthday cake!
It is keto, sugar & gluten free, paleo and low carb.
- 11/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup erythritol, blended into confectioners (powdered) sweetener in a blender for 30 seconds
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
- 6 strawberries, puréed or sliced into a purée
- 2 teaspoons acerola (vitamin C) powder (optional for color as it is pink)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Vanilla Cream Frosting Ingredients:
- 3 cups sugar free powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or whole milk
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Coat two 8-inch pans witch coconut oil spray or grease with butter. I used two 6.2 inch pans to make a taller cake.
In a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar for 7-8 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, and beat until fully blended for 1-2 minutes. Add the almond milk and vanilla until combined. Add in the dry ingredients that was set aside and beat until well mixed.
Divide the batter evenly and remove half the batter and set aside. Add the puréed strawberry and acerola powder. Pour into one of the cake pans. Add the other half of the batter back and add the cocoa powder. Blend well. Pour into the other cake pan, and smoothen out the tops on. It’s cake pans. Bake for around 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove the chocolate cake from the oven and set on a cooling rack or an area to cool. Continue to bake the strawberry cake for another 10-15 minutes until dry or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow both the cakes to cool completely before frosting.
Directions for the frosting:
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter and the confectioners powdered erythritol until well blended for about 3-4 minutes and then add the vanilla extract. Turn down the speed to low, add the milk and mix well.
Once both cakes are completely cooled, frost the first cake on the bottom (I put the chocolate layer first). Once it is fully frosted, add the strawberry cake on top gently and frost the entire cake with the vanilla frosting. Cool I’m the refrigerator overnight and decorate with forest animals and/or candles. I got mine on Amazon.
Macros for 1 slice of cake with frosting: 8 g carb, 5 g protein, 27 g fat.
Let me know if you try it!!
Much Love, Vanessa.